How to securely connect and manage remote workers
In response to the threat of COVID-19 your workforce is suddenly working from home, surfing the internet on their home Wi-Fi while also connecting to your company network.
You have to be sure that connection is fast and, above all, secure. That’s why companies like yours are turning to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution to centralise and manage remote access.
Why should I use a VPN?
Companies rely on the internet to drive business, but the internet is s dangerous place so its crucial your protect your users and your business from the threats the internet poses.
Is a VPN really necessary?
In the current changing climate businesses want their employees to safely work from home. That means a fast, safe and secure connection to the company network while the employee uses their own Wi-Fi and broadband that you don't control.
What does a VPN to your network provide?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) creates a data tunnel between the employees computer/mobile, from anywhere, into your network as if they were in the office. A VPN encrypts the data to make it unreadable by anybody that tries to intercept it.
As employees will be accessing confidential company data, you need to have an easy to use VPN solution that will ensure your company data stays secure.
While there is a big offering on free VPN services, there are more and more concerns regarding their effectiveness. With a limited selection of servers, connection speeds are slower due to shared servers being overcrowded and last but not least, there is a doubt on the data protection of the logs, history and files.
Introducing Kerio Control
Kerio Control offers high performance, secure client-to-site connections with an easy to configure VPN client, or an industry standard IPsec VPN client such as the ones found on mobile phones.
You can use Virtual Private Networking (VPN) to allow remote users or entire networks to access services inside the local network. Kerio Control implements IPsec for mobile device access and tunneling with third-party VPN gateways. You can also use the proprietary Kerio VPN implementation for remote access from desktop operating systems, and for tunneling to other Kerio Control firewalls.
6 main benefits of Kerio Control VPN feature are:
- Industry standard protocols are used for connectivity. Roaming users can connect to the Kerio Control network via VPN using the Kerio Control VPN Client. Alternatively, IPsec/L2TP protocol can be used for connectivity from roaming mobile devices or third-party firewalls. You can enable 2-step verification for an extra layer of security on all forms of remote access.
- The VPN feature of Kerio Control is very easy to use – within just a few minutes you’re able to deploy the VPN and start connecting all nodes to the network.
- Being an on-premise product, you are the sole owner of your data. Setting up Kerio Control at your site, you’re able to manage everything, including how logs are managed.
- Kerio Control is licensed as a server. The admin account and five user accounts are included in the basic license. Additional users can be added in packages of five. If you have 20 employees and you want to use the Kerio Control VPN, you’ll need the Kerio Control basic license + 15 users add-on.
- You can manage your VPN bandwidth by limiting bandwidth for data transfers or for specific services.
- Additional options of Web Filtering and Antivirus
Try it FREE for 90 days!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the need for businesses to connect remote workers, you can use Kerio Control VPN free for 3 months. To find out more, simply fill in the contact form below :