The new operating system, Windows 11 is being released on October 5th, as a free upgrade from Windows 10 – but will your computer be able to run it?
With lots of new updates and changes coming with Windows 11, alongside a fresh rehaul and some design features – a lot of question’s we’re getting is ‘Can I run Windows 11 on my PC?’
It’s important to have the latest operating system installed onto your laptop, as it brings along all the majority security updates too.
What are the Windows 11 hardware requirements?
Here are the minimum requirements for Windows 11:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC)
- RAM: at least 4 GB
- Storage: at least 64 GB of available storage
- Security: TPM version 2.0, UEFI firmware, Secure Boot capable
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later, with a WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: High definition (720p) display, 9″ or greater monitor, 8 bits per colour channel
What to do if my PC won’t support Windows 11?
If your PC isn’t compatible with Windows 11, it’s most likely due to outdated or underperforming hardware. Some people will be able to upgrade their desktop computers to match the new requirements, but the majority of people will have to purchase a new computer.
System Force I.T. can help you in selecting a computer or laptop that runs Windows 11 smoothly, as well as installing any essential programmes.
We assist with the setup and installation of the necessary security patches, as well as providing 24/7 IT support packages – so that if something goes wrong, you can call our support team and they will help you!
System Force IT provides 24/7 IT support and engineering help with all our services. Our IT infrastructure management team are responsible for the backbone of your business. Monitoring and maintaining both physical and virtual services in real-time.